After approval by Albion's Off-Campus Programs Committee
- Contact your program provider. Albion approval is important to the off-campus application process, but it does not guarantee acceptance into your specific program. Contact your program provider directly to determine what is needed to complete your process and gain their acceptance. Note: For programs that require a "study abroad" approval form, CIE will process these after Albion's approval has taken place.
- Attend the required Albion orientations. Student attendance is mandatory, you may invite your parents.
- Confirm your passport and visa, stay abreast of changes to your destination.
- Consider grants and scholarships.
- Get a free Health Services Travel Consult. Make an appointment with Student Health Services for a medical checkup, to ensure vaccinations are up to date, to recommend/ provide immunizations suggested by the Center for Disease Control, and to advise on obtaining prescription medications abroad.
- Submit a $350 deposit to the Albion College Cashier's Office (First Floor Ferguson Hall). This will serve as confirmation to Albion College that you will attend your OCP.
- Stay smart! Maintain your off-campus program eligibility. The Center for International Education will do a final review of your GPA, writing competency, and social standing before the spring semester starts. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria (GPA less than 2.7, no longer in good social standing, writing competency exam not passed), you will not be allowed to participate in your off-campus program.